Youngsters' Association Welcomes you all for
New Kalpathy
Annual Car Festival . Programme details published below.
PLEASE CLICK OLDER POSTS FOR MORE PHOTOS &
Sunday, October 7, 2007
Kumbhabhishekam Day 2008, RATHOLSAVAM 2007 & Kuthiravahanam 2007 Decoration & GOLD COVERING FOR LMG
5 comments:
Anonymous
said...
it is such a wonderful work done by u ppl.. hatz off to u.. and its my pleasure to help u in my all possible means..thank u.. and all the best...
KSK Mama was my father's close friend and I can imagine how much my father will miss him. I have known KSK mama for about 30 years, ever since I started accompanying my father as a 7-8 year old to the evening talk session near the old Kalpathy entrance to Kovil Kundu. I remember how KSK mama used to bring interesting topics to discuss with his frinds (including my father) every evening and everyone else would listen eagerly to him. He had a healthy curiosity in everything, especially Science and though Kalpathy offered very little exposure those days, KSK Mama was unusually aware of things for his age and generation. Above all, he was not a cynic like several of his contemporaries joining him in the evening forum. He believed that he could make a difference to people and organizations and was a stalwart in the Kerala Brahmana Sabha. I remember going to several competitions (especially Veda competitions and I think some music competitions) in Vadakkanthara (Lakshmi Kalyana Mandapam) and elsewhere. When I won prizes, mama would wholeheartedly appreciate it. Since then, as I grew older and moved onto college, then work, then abroad and so on, Mama always remained the same and was always genuinely interested in what I was upto. My father tells me he is like this with most people, not just me.
I have several other fond memories of KSK mama, such as when about 25 years ago he forced my father to take me to an English movie called Gods Must be Crazy in Hrudaya theater about animals from Africa which I thoroughly enjoyed. When I was actively involved in Niketan Book Club, KSK mama was a regular visitor in the evening and we knew which magazines to reserve for mama. As they say, enthusiasts understand each other. I think that was his charm, he transcended generations!
He could effortlessly keep company to my oldest periyappa, my father, myself and perhaps to my children. I am saddened by his passing away and shall always remember him very fondly.
KSK Mama was my father's close friend and I can imagine how much my father will miss him. I have known KSK mama for about 30 years, ever since I started accompanying my father as a 7-8 year old to the evening talk session near the old Kalpathy entrance to Kovil Kundu. I remember how KSK mama used to bring interesting topics to discuss with his frinds (including my father) every evening and everyone else would listen eagerly to him. He had a healthy curiosity in everything, especially Science and though Kalpathy offered very little exposure those days, KSK Mama was unusually aware of things for his age and generation. Above all, he was not a cynic like several of his contemporaries joining him in the evening forum. He believed that he could make a difference to people and organizations and was a stalwart in the Kerala Brahmana Sabha. I remember going to several competitions (especially Veda competitions and I think some music competitions) in Vadakkanthara (Lakshmi Kalyana Mandapam) and elsewhere. When I won prizes, mama would wholeheartedly appreciate it. Since then, as I grew older and moved onto college, then work, then abroad and so on, Mama always remained the same and was always genuinely interested in what I was upto. My father tells me he is like this with most people, not just me.
I have several other fond memories of KSK mama, such as when about 25 years ago he forced my father to take me to an English movie called Gods Must be Crazy in Hrudaya theater about animals from Africa which I thoroughly enjoyed. When I was actively involved in Niketan Book Club, KSK mama was a regular visitor in the evening and we knew which magazines to reserve for mama. As they say, enthusiasts understand each other. I think that was his charm, he transcended generations!
He could effortlessly keep company to my oldest periyappa, my father, myself and perhaps to my children. I am saddened by his passing away and shall always remember him very fondly.
5 comments:
it is such a wonderful work done by u ppl.. hatz off to u.. and its my pleasure to help u in my all possible means..thank u.. and all the best...
HAI DEVOTEES,
pls keep in touch with our Email Id
(kalpathylmg@gmail.com) also, so that we can regularly inform the functions of the temple to you
It is a wonderful information
KSK Mama was my father's close friend and I can imagine how much my father will miss him. I have known KSK mama for about 30 years, ever since I started accompanying my father as a 7-8 year old to the evening talk session near the old Kalpathy entrance to Kovil Kundu. I remember how KSK mama used to bring interesting topics to discuss with his frinds (including my father) every evening and everyone else would listen eagerly to him. He had a healthy curiosity in everything, especially Science and though Kalpathy offered very little exposure those days, KSK Mama was unusually aware of things for his age and generation. Above all, he was not a cynic like several of his contemporaries joining him in the evening forum. He believed that he could make a difference to people and organizations and was a stalwart in the Kerala Brahmana Sabha. I remember going to several competitions (especially Veda competitions and I think some music competitions) in Vadakkanthara (Lakshmi Kalyana Mandapam) and elsewhere. When I won prizes, mama would wholeheartedly appreciate it. Since then, as I grew older and moved onto college, then work, then abroad and so on, Mama always remained the same and was always genuinely interested in what I was upto. My father tells me he is like this with most people, not just me.
I have several other fond memories of KSK mama, such as when about 25 years ago he forced my father to take me to an English movie called
Gods Must be Crazy in Hrudaya theater about animals from Africa which I thoroughly enjoyed. When I was actively involved in Niketan Book Club, KSK mama was a regular visitor in the evening and we knew which magazines to reserve for mama. As they say, enthusiasts understand each other. I think that was his charm, he transcended generations!
He could effortlessly keep company to my oldest periyappa, my father, myself and perhaps to my children. I am saddened by his passing away and shall always remember him very fondly.
KSK Mama was my father's close friend and I can imagine how much my father will miss him. I have known KSK mama for about 30 years, ever since I started accompanying my father as a 7-8 year old to the evening talk session near the old Kalpathy entrance to Kovil Kundu. I remember how KSK mama used to bring interesting topics to discuss with his frinds (including my father) every evening and everyone else would listen eagerly to him. He had a healthy curiosity in everything, especially Science and though Kalpathy offered very little exposure those days, KSK Mama was unusually aware of things for his age and generation. Above all, he was not a cynic like several of his contemporaries joining him in the evening forum. He believed that he could make a difference to people and organizations and was a stalwart in the Kerala Brahmana Sabha. I remember going to several competitions (especially Veda competitions and I think some music competitions) in Vadakkanthara (Lakshmi Kalyana Mandapam) and elsewhere. When I won prizes, mama would wholeheartedly appreciate it. Since then, as I grew older and moved onto college, then work, then abroad and so on, Mama always remained the same and was always genuinely interested in what I was upto. My father tells me he is like this with most people, not just me.
I have several other fond memories of KSK mama, such as when about 25 years ago he forced my father to take me to an English movie called
Gods Must be Crazy in Hrudaya theater about animals from Africa which I thoroughly enjoyed. When I was actively involved in Niketan Book Club, KSK mama was a regular visitor in the evening and we knew which magazines to reserve for mama. As they say, enthusiasts understand each other. I think that was his charm, he transcended generations!
He could effortlessly keep company to my oldest periyappa, my father, myself and perhaps to my children. I am saddened by his passing away and shall always remember him very fondly.
Post a Comment